Many states are now requiring wearing a face covering in public places such as grocery stores, pharmacies, at work etc. All individuals over the age of two and medically able to tolerate a face-covering are required to cover their nose and mouth.
Below are some safety tips while wearing your mask:
- Check the mask for any defects such as a tear or missing tie or ear loop. Throw away any that are defective.
- Once the mask is in place, use your index finger and thumb to pinch the top edge of the mask around the bridge of your nose.
- Masks should be washed daily with regular detergent or soap.
- Wash by hand or in the gentle cycle of the washing machine, have another available while one is in the wash.
- If elastic is in the mask, it needs to be checked to make sure it has not lost its elasticity and remains secure and fitted when wearing.
- Once the mask is visibly soiled or damaged, and you can not wash it, you should discard it and start using a new one.
- Be careful when removing masks do not touch your face until after you wash your hands.
Please remember masks do not take the place of social distancing!