JULY 28, 2020: Following these measures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention can help keep you safe.
TIPS FOR GROCERY SHOPPING
Protect yourself while shopping
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others while shopping and in lines.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering when you have to go out in public.
- Go during hours when fewer people will be there (for example, early morning or late night).
- If you are at higher risk for severe illness, find out if the store has special hours for people at higher risk.
- Disinfect the shopping cart, use disinfecting wipes.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Use touchless payment (pay without touching money, a card, or a keypad) or use hand sanitizer right after paying.
- After leaving the store, use hand sanitizer.
- When you get home, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Follow food safety guidelines: clean, separate, cook, chill.
DELIVERIES AND TAKEOUT
Limit in person contact if possible
- Pay online or on the phone when you order.
- Accept deliveries without in-person contact.
Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after accepting deliveries or collecting mail
- After receiving your delivery or bringing home your takeout food, wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- After collecting mail from a post office or home mailbox, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Bank online when possible
- Use mobile banking apps, drive-thru banking services, automated teller machines (ATM) for routine transactions
- Use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol after any deposit, withdrawal, exchange, drive-thru visit, or use of an ATM.
- Wash your hands thoroughly when you arrive home.
Use disinfecting wipes on handles or buttons
- Use disinfecting wipes on handles and buttons before you touch them.
- After fueling, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds when you get home.
Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash