Our History

It was in the early days of 1891 when a young mother of six children, who was a parishioner at Holy Family Parish, Chicago, passed away. The family didn’t have the means to pay for her funeral expenses and provide for a proper burial. The Parish took up a collection to help the family, and thus the seed was planted in the minds of a group of women to continue this work for others. Their first meeting was held on May 1, 1891.